- Defensive Agility – A new suite of 25 feature changes to defensive locomotion creates agile defenders that track attacking opponents.
- Interception Intelligence – Rewritten for FIFA 16, Interception Intelligence can be adjusted in Custom Tactics so you can control how aggressive your teammates are on the ball. You are in complete control of build-up play in midfield.
- No Touch Dribbling – Lionel Messi was motion captured to create an innovative dribble control system that gives players the freedom to decide not just how, but when to touch the ball. This completely revolutionizes 1v1 scenarios and gives players more opportunities in attack than ever before.
- Skill Games: Basic Level – A new level of Skill Games targeted at fans picking up EA SPORTS FIFA for the first time.
- Women’s National Teams – For the first time ever in an EA SPORTS FIFA franchise title, compete with 12 top-ranked Women’s National Teams and play online and offline in several modes.